Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient and relevant (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Web site Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Remembering your search settings
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site or by avoiding these areas and facilities of the web site
Third party functions
- Facebook – Facebook’s ‘Like’ button to show your approval of our web site to your Facebook friends
- ParentZone – to access your child’s progress online
- Google+ – Google’s ‘Plus’ button to show your approval of our web site to your Google plus friends / circles
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social Website Cookies
So, you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Some of the main cookies are set by the following:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use: Google Analytics
List of the most common cookies used within the St George’s Childcare web site
|Google Analytics||__utma||Google Analytics – Google Analytics uses this cookie name.|
|__utmb||Google Analytics – Google Analytics uses this cookie name.|
|__utmc||Google Analytics – Google Analytics uses this cookie name.|
|__utmz||Google Analytics – Google Analytics uses this cookie name|
|pid||Created by twitter|
|guest_id||Created by twitter|
|datr||Created by Facebook|
Telephone Tracking Analytics
We also use technology to determine how people who phone us arrived on our web site (e.g. from a search engine or by clicking on an advert). This is to help us to identify how people heard about us. Please be aware that if you call us, using a phone number on the web site we can potentially tell how you arrived on our web site Again this ultimately helps us keep down costs for you.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s web sites as cookies are a standard part of most modern web sites.
It may be that your concerns about cookies actually relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.